On Tuesday October 11, 2011 Leanne (Chin) was diagnosed with breast cancer. This blog will follow her journey. It will share the peaks and valleys along the way. But it will also serve as a way to communicate prayer requests and praises. Join us as we partner with Chin and fight along side her for she "...can do all things through Christ who strengthens her." Phil. 4:13

When leaving a comment, please sign your name so we know you were here. Thanks!
The meaning behind Chin ... There is a Chinese restaurant in the Twin Cities named Leann Chin. While Leanne was attending a basketball camp in middle school, a fellow camper had a bag from the restaurant. This camper made the connection between the name of the restaurant and Leanne's name. And the nickname Chin stuck!

Friday, May 1, 2015

Stories vol.1

Before I get into a new series of posts, I want to write an update on Deb. Her PET scan came back negative!!!! We are praising God that there is no new cancer! She also had her port put in today and that procedure went well. She will start chemo next week. We are thankful for your prayers!!

Well, it is May. Only 19 days until we celebrate Leanne's heaven day. After Leanne went to heaven, we received countless stories of how Leanne impacted lives. As we remember Leanne's life and the impact it had on the faith of thousands of people, we want to share some of these stories with you over the next 20 days.

I pray these stories encourage you to not take a moment or interaction for granted. You never know who God has sovereignly placed in your path. May you be challenged to share your faith boldly. Let God use the hurts in your life to grow the faith of those around you.

Here is Amber's story sent to us on May 27, 2014:

I was not able to attend Leanne’s service this weekend, but your families have never been far from my prayers.  I had the honor of fighting breast cancer (later stage 3C for me) alongside Leanne over the last few years.  We met at chemo (thanks to Leanne’s mom) and cheered each other along.  A few months ago I emailed her with tears rolling down my face.  I was two years out from my last treatments and I confessed to her that I felt so guilty that my life was “back to normal” and she was still fighting.  She was so brave in her response to me – like she was cheering ME on!  She always put aside herself to comfort and support others. I visited her one afternoon and brought her lunch and I remember leaving her home feeling so inspired and comforted – and here I was there to do that for her!  I just can’t put into words how much she has inspired not only my cancer battle – but also my life and my faith.

Your post from May 19th brought back a flood of emotions for me as just a few years earlier, in October of 2009, I wrote a similar message before my beautiful 6-month old son took his final breath after an unexpected and short (38-day) illness.  I know the story is not the same as Leanne’s and the circumstances are much different, but I’ve experienced having lost a child, trying to explain Heaven to a 2-year old and having to rely on faith, as if it was the only air available to breath, to keep going when things seemed so dark.  Even though we knew the end was near for my little boy, I asked my pastor about hope.  I said, everyone tells me not to lose hope, but what do I do when I know the end is near?  He didn’t skip a beat and explained to me what I wrote as my opening statement on Tyler’s CaringBridge that day… 

“We will never lose hope for our baby boy, but today we have a new hope for Tyler…  Our hope for Tyler is that of eternal life in Heaven.  An existence more wonderful than anything we could offer Tyler here on Earth.   

Today we pray for Tyler to have comfort from pain.  We pray that Tyler can feel the great love we have for him as we hold him close.  We pray for peace and healing of the hearts that are breaking as we prepare to say good bye to our dear little baby boy.  We pray for strength and wisdom as we try to explain Heaven to big sister Olivia. 

While we don’t understand, we trust and pray that God has a bigger plan for Tyler.  He is surrounding Tyler with His angels and will hold him close until he leaves this world in the next few days.
 
In sorrow and affliction, when the outlook seems dark and the future perplexing and we feel helpless and alone, these are the times when, in answer to the prayer of faith, the Holy Spirit brings comfort to the heart. It is trusting God in trial, in darkness as well as in light, it is walking by faith and not by sight; it is relying on God with unquestioning confidence, and resting in His love.

God Bless you and keep you, baby Tyler. 

We love you always,
Mommy & Daddy”

A few days later, Jesus took my son in his arms and freed him from his pain and suffering.  We left the hospital – with an empty car seat – and went home.  My 2 ½ year old daughter woke up the next morning and before we even had a chance to tell Olivia the news, she same into our bedroom and exclaimed that “Tyler’s walking!  He’s walking with angels!”.  She was adamant that she had seen her baby brother that night.  In my heart I know that she did – and it brings me so much hope and peace to this day.  It also gives me hope that Leanne will never be far from her courageous little Leo. 

Thank you for sharing Leanne and her brave, brave story with me though the Team Chin blog.  I prayed (begged!) for a different ending, but am inspired by your words and courage to trust in God plan for Leanne and each and everyone one of us.  I have a new sense of peace that if my cancer returns I will be okay – either way – because Leanne showed me the way. 

I will continue to pray for your families.  Prayers for unexplainable peace and comfort.  Courage and wisdom beyond his years for Ryan.  Prayers that Leo will continue to know his mother – in beautiful memories and in Heaven – just like my daughter remembers her baby brother. 

God bless you,
Amber 

No comments: