Dr. Bloom was very pleased with the results of this round of chemo! He was almost in tears he was so pleased :) When Leanne was first diagnosed she had some blood work done to check the level of the tumor markers in her blood. They were around 150 when initially tested and after her first round of chemo that number was down to around 110. In the month after Leo's birth, when Leanne did not have any treatment, the number rose to 200. But today, the number was down to 50. Yes, you read that right! FIFTY! And for all of you (like me!) who have no idea what those numbers mean, they consider anything under 40 to be normal. Praise God for allowing the chemo to be so effective to shrink the tumor so much!
In light of those results, Dr. Bloom wants to do two more months of chemo. However, he will check in with Leanne at the end of April and the end of May. And as we have learned in the past, we are holding loosely to those plans because they can change at any time!
Chris, Fran, Leanne, and Ryan went to the appointment with Dr. Bloom, but only Fran and Ryan went with Leanne to chemo. Thanks Kathy for spending the afternoon with Leo!
Thank you so much for your faithfulness in prayer for Leanne and TEAM CHIN. God is doing big things and it is amazing to watch His plan unfold in the lives of Leanne, Ryan, Leo, and their families. Please keep praying for:
- The tumor to continue to shrink
- Continued wisdom for Dr. Bloom and the other oncologists as they treat Leanne
- Strength, patience, and contentment for Leanne and Ryan as they continue on in the battle against cancer
- Leo to start sleeping longer stretches at night
- God to continue to show Himself faithful to Leanne, Ryan, and their families