Back to chemo posts. Not something we had planned. But, thankfully, none of this is a surprise to God. He knew this would be happening long before Leanne was born. And I am thankful for the peace that brings.
Not that chemo can be fun, but Leanne had some fun visitors today! Her friend, Brandi, who is also battling breast cancer, stopped by with her sister, Ashley.
Ryan's boss said he could have every Thursday afternoon off so he could go to chemo with Leanne. What a gift!!!!!
My dad also stopped by, but we didn't get a picture of his visit. And Leanne go to FaceTime with this little cutie today!
Leanne will have chemo two weeks on and one week off. She also met with Dr. Bloom's nurse practitioner today. Her hemoglobin levels are low and that is a reason she is so tired.
Thanks for praying with us! Here are some more requests:
- Strength for Leanne as she continues to fight
- Stamina for Ryan as he balances work, taking care of his family, and taking care of himself
- Comfort for Leo as he is cared for by people other than Leanne and Ryan
- Maximum effectiveness of the chemo
- Minimum side effects for Leanne
- Praise! Leanne has had good sleep the past two nights and her pain is under control!
- Good sleep for Leanne and Ryan
Thank you to everyone who is signing up to bring meals on the Care Calendar! If you want another way to help bring meals, but live far away, check out Dining In. It is a website that allows you to buy a gift card so Leanne and Ryan can order meals from some of their favorite local restaurants. Check it out!