On Tuesday October 11, 2011 Leanne (Chin) was diagnosed with breast cancer. This blog will follow her journey. It will share the peaks and valleys along the way. But it will also serve as a way to communicate prayer requests and praises. Join us as we partner with Chin and fight along side her for she "...can do all things through Christ who strengthens her." Phil. 4:13

When leaving a comment, please sign your name so we know you were here. Thanks!
The meaning behind Chin ... There is a Chinese restaurant in the Twin Cities named Leann Chin. While Leanne was attending a basketball camp in middle school, a fellow camper had a bag from the restaurant. This camper made the connection between the name of the restaurant and Leanne's name. And the nickname Chin stuck!

Monday, May 19, 2014

No words ...

I am not sure how to write this. It is a blog post I prayed I would never have to write. But, God is calling His child home soon.

Leanne's cancer in her liver has grown rapidly. This is causing fluid to build up in her abdomen and preventing her from eating, swallowing, and breathing well. Since yesterday, she has been in and out of consciousness. She is surrounded by and being loved on by family at this time.

While we are devastated at the thought of Leanne leaving us, we are beyond thankful for the assurance of her salvation and that she will be spending eternity praising her Creator and Healer. God never promised us healing on this earth, but He sure did promise healing in heaven. We are deeply sad that Leanne's journey is ending in death. But we know that, God will continue to use her unshakeable faith as an encouragement and testimony for generations to come.

Please keep praying for us. We need peace and comfort at this time. We will post more info when we have it. Thank you for your partnership in prayer.

17 comments:

Lori Rice said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Leanne is an inspiration to many. Blessings. The Rice's

Carole said...

oh no! I'm so sorry- this is just not right! God bless you all and I know Leo's in good hands and will always be strengthened by the stories he'll be told of his mom and her courageous fight and incredible love for him. hugs and strength to you all

Carole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Prayers for comfort and strength! Love you all very much

Jill Schroeder said...

Keeping you all close in thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

It seems I am like a few others. I do not know Leanne, but someone on FB I know does. I've read through the threads of this blog and like others laughed, cried, and prayed. What a loving family and friends that have taken this journey with this gorgeous, brave, strong, loving woman. She is a warrior, and a hero to me. I'm so sorry for the news that you had to post today. I pray for God's love, guidance and grace to blanket over your entire family and of course Leanne. I also pray for no pain. Know you are all in our thoughts and prayers. And for Leo and Ryan, prayers for peace and love to cover them.

Unknown said...

May God wrap his arms around your family and give you peace and comfort.

Kristi said...

Praying for you all. I'm so grateful for the love and support Leanne brought to my sister, Brandi, through her battle. My heart aches for you all. Praying for peace, comfort, and strength.

Anonymous said...

praying and warm thoughts going your way

Laura Beth said...

My heart is so heavy as I read this post over and over. I am praying for all of your family in this unimaginable time!

xo Laura

Susan Frey said...

There are no words to respond to this latest post. May this verse from God's Word bring you comfort and reassurance during this difficult time. "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." I Corinthians 2:9

Praying continually for Leanne and your family,
Susan Frey
Friend of Fran's

Anonymous said...

I have never met Leanne, but know the Miller family. The past few years I have read both this blog and Leanne's blog, and have prayed for her. Though I never met her personally, I feel as though she is a friend. My heart aches with you all too. Thank you for sharing your lives, uplifting God and being an example. May God bless you in this hard time.

Anonymous said...

I, too, did not know Leanne well, but have FB friends who posted this blog. We graduated from high school together and shared a few classes. I pray for all of you and my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Sara Geis said...

I am praying for comfort, peace and strength for all of you. You are an incredible, inspiring and loving family, Whites. Thank you for being such a public example of those qualities and more. God is at work. Leanne, thank you for being a wonderful woman and friend to me during a tough time in my teens and for introducing me to the Dixie Chicks :) Heaven is gaining a gem.

Anonymous said...

Leanne and family,
My thoughts and prayers are with you...they have been with you daily on this journey since the day I had the privilege to step into your (very big) shoes as your sub for 5th grade in 2011.
I have been humbled by your strength and perseverance. You are all amazing.
((((((hugs))))))
~Allison Bakkum

Roxy Myhre said...

Leanne has always been someone I have respected, admired, and loved since the first time I met her in 8th grade! She is the strongest, most resilient and faithful person and my heart is so heavy hearing this news. I always thought that if anyone was going to beat cancer - it would be Leanne! It appears that God knows so much more and has a bigger plan for Leanne, much sooner than we are ready for. I have been inspired and blessed by your blog entries, your families overwhelming support, and your unwavering faith! May God comfort you and strengthen you through this. Leanne, you have left a major impact on me and my life - and I am grateful for what you have taught me about life, faith, and love!

Anonymous said...

I have prayed over Leanne and followed this blog. I checked it each day for good news, yet even if it wasn't the best news, your faith in His word and work is addicting. It has changed me and many others in our view to see things as He intends them to be seen and to trust in Him. Indeed He did use Leanne on her time here: to be the model of faith as a real follower of Jesus. Blessings~