On Tuesday October 11, 2011 Leanne (Chin) was diagnosed with breast cancer. This blog will follow her journey. It will share the peaks and valleys along the way. But it will also serve as a way to communicate prayer requests and praises. Join us as we partner with Chin and fight along side her for she "...can do all things through Christ who strengthens her." Phil. 4:13

When leaving a comment, please sign your name so we know you were here. Thanks!
The meaning behind Chin ... There is a Chinese restaurant in the Twin Cities named Leann Chin. While Leanne was attending a basketball camp in middle school, a fellow camper had a bag from the restaurant. This camper made the connection between the name of the restaurant and Leanne's name. And the nickname Chin stuck!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Details

Leanne's Visitation will be on Saturday May 24th at Wooddale Church in the Chapel from 4-7. Dress is casual.

Her Celebration of Life service is Sunday May 25th at Wooddale Church in the Worship Center at 3pm with a short reception afterwards.

In lieu of flowers, donations to an education fund being arranged for Leo Miller are appreciated. The fund is currently being set up. Details coming soon.

Wooddale Church is located at:
6630 Shady Oak Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55344


Please pray for:

  • Strength for Ryan
  • Wisdom and peace in decision making for Ryan, Chris and Fran
  • Peace and comfort for Ryan, Leo, and the White & Miller families
  • Good, restful sleep for Ryan, Leo, and the White & Miller families
  • God to prepare the hearts of those attending the service


5 comments:

Donna said...

I'm incredibly saddened to hear of Leanne's passing, and will continue to follow your prayer requests. Your family's faith is inspiring; heaven certainly gained an angel through Leanne. Praying for you all.

Cindy said...

Leanne was a teacher for my daughter Sarah during 5th grade in Alexandria. She touched our lives in so many ways! Our lives will never be the same. She was so committed to seeing Sarah succeed. After she moved, we had lost touch, but not to long ago, connected at a basketball tournament which was an amazing day for Sarah and I. God blessed us with Leanne for only a short time. She made a difference for Sarah! Your prayers go out to her family! Hearing from others about the effect she had on our lives is just one way we can show our respect for Leanne! I did have time to give her a hug and tell her thanks for all she did! Prayers to all whos lives were touched by Leanne! She was one special lady!

Anonymous said...

I'm deeply sorry for the loss of Mrs. Miller. She was my 5th grade teacher, and a great one might I add. I always appreciated her humor and loved when she told stories. I even remember the time Ryan came and hung out with us in the classroom for a day. The fact she is no longer suffering or in pain and is renewed in God's Kingdom brings me happiness. Although we will miss her, we know she is taken up in His embrace.

-Sylina

Anonymous said...

I'm deeply sorry for the loss of Mrs. Miller. She was my 5th grade teacher, and a great one might I add. I always appreciated her humor and loved when she told stories. I even remember the time Ryan came and hung out with us in the classroom for a day. The fact she is no longer suffering or in pain and is renewed in God's Kingdom brings me happiness. Although we will miss her, we know she is taken up in His embrace.

-Sylina

K. Menard said...

I was deeply saddened by the loss of Leanne. I have been following the blog and praying for Leanne and the rest of the family since the beginning. I am overwhelmed by the faith and love of God this family has. You have taught me so much during this time.
I linked back to Miller Time and read about Leanne, Ryan and the rest of the family. The foundation your parents lived and gave you is by far the most wonderful gift from God. You are all blessed.
I will continue to pray for all your needs and comfort as you continue on your journey.
Thank you for opening yourselves up and sharing your journey with us.