On Tuesday October 11, 2011 Leanne (Chin) was diagnosed with breast cancer. This blog will follow her journey. It will share the peaks and valleys along the way. But it will also serve as a way to communicate prayer requests and praises. Join us as we partner with Chin and fight along side her for she "...can do all things through Christ who strengthens her." Phil. 4:13

When leaving a comment, please sign your name so we know you were here. Thanks!
The meaning behind Chin ... There is a Chinese restaurant in the Twin Cities named Leann Chin. While Leanne was attending a basketball camp in middle school, a fellow camper had a bag from the restaurant. This camper made the connection between the name of the restaurant and Leanne's name. And the nickname Chin stuck!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Good To Be Busy

Hey everyone!  Leanne here.  The usual author of Team Chin is on the beach in Mexico soaking up some sun.  Can you believe her?!  She sooooooooo deserves it!

Not that I am one to talk.  Ryan and I just spent a long weekend in Phoenix hanging out by the pool which is just what the doctor ordered.  Literally.  He told us to take some time to relax and get ready for the next phase of treatment.  It was so nice to go and relax (and sleep through the night).  We took some time for ourselves to recharge our batteries before this surgery thing on Tuesday.  God is in control and we are resting in that peace. 

We have been busy the last couple of weeks and it has been good to keep my mind off of what is coming.  Don't get me wrong, I am ready to have the cancer cut out of my body and say farewell to it FOREVER!  It is just good to not be sitting home thinking about it all the time.  Leo and I are now in Iowa helping Grammie take care of Mollie while her mom and dad are gone.  I am not sure we are much help but we are loving spending time with Mollie and Grammie. (Crosby, I have space on my lap for you too!)
From the bottom of my heart I thank you for praying and offer up these requests as you continue to pray
  • Freedom from fear and anxiety as surgery nears. (I feel like I am doing pretty well here but I know that the devil is going to fight like crazy in these next few days to get in my head)
  • Safe travel for my family members who are traveling to be with us for surgery and recovery.
  • Guidance for Dr. Johnson's hands as he operates.
  • That Dr. Johnson would be able to close without any trouble after removing enough skin to get clean margins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Wisdom for Dr. Bloom as he continues to make treatment decisions once the pathology report and scan results are back post surgery.
  • Pathology reports come back with clean margins
  • Leo to sleep through the night

1 comment:

mini and brother said...

I'm coming to Iowa. Can we meet?? (Hello...I sound like the world's biggest stalker)