On Tuesday October 11, 2011 Leanne (Chin) was diagnosed with breast cancer. This blog will follow her journey. It will share the peaks and valleys along the way. But it will also serve as a way to communicate prayer requests and praises. Join us as we partner with Chin and fight along side her for she "...can do all things through Christ who strengthens her." Phil. 4:13

When leaving a comment, please sign your name so we know you were here. Thanks!
The meaning behind Chin ... There is a Chinese restaurant in the Twin Cities named Leann Chin. While Leanne was attending a basketball camp in middle school, a fellow camper had a bag from the restaurant. This camper made the connection between the name of the restaurant and Leanne's name. And the nickname Chin stuck!

Friday, April 13, 2012

from Leanne:

Taken from Leanne's blog:

My heart is light tonight. I am continually amazed at the love and support of people!  I cannot tell you how many people have shared the link about the honorary batgirl contest.  People from all different times in my life, people that I talk to regularly and others that I have not talked to in years and others whom I only know by association.  Whether or not I win is not the point, the point is that I feel sooooo loved to know that people care enough to want to share.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart to each person that has shared the link or voted.  I am truly humbled by your support of me as I walk what has been the toughest journey of my life.  Knowing that you are behind me gives me confidence and energy to continue walking each day at a point in my journey when it is easy to get frustrated and tired and want to quit.
I am also constantly amazed at how God provides opportunities to remind me of his love.  The sunshine, a smile from a stranger, a song I love on the radio, a parking spot near the door on a day when I am tired.  Each week as we leave the Gathering at church I reflect that the music was just what I needed to hear.  You see, I LOVE the music part of worship and find comfort in songs because they remind me of the promises of God.  Tonight was no different.  We sang two of my FAVORITE songs tonight and as I head into another week and the beginning of another three week round of chemo I leave you with the promises of those songs. . .

Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me.  And I never, ever have to be afraid, one thing remains. . . (One Thing Remains- Jesus Culture)

I will bring praise, I will bring praise, no weapon formed against me still remains, I will rejoice, I will declare, God is my victory and he is here.  All of my life, in every season, you are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship. . . (Desert Song-Hillsong)

1 comment:

The Hansons said...

Hi Leanne,

Amy was subbing at CMS this week stopped by to say "Hi." At first she didn't think I'd recognize her, but of course I did. She then shared with me what you have been going through. Today she is subbing at CMS again, and tracked me down with the slip of paper with your web address so I can follow your journey. Since she first talked with me on Monday, I've contacted a few of your former Navy Team teacher, Mr. Kahle and Ms. Satre (now Mrs. Michael). Today, I send out the link so they too can follow your journey. We are all praying for you and your family Leanne. Thanks for sharing this site so we can follow your journey.

Eric Hanson
Navy Team Social Studies (1997-98)