On Tuesday October 11, 2011 Leanne (Chin) was diagnosed with breast cancer. This blog will follow her journey. It will share the peaks and valleys along the way. But it will also serve as a way to communicate prayer requests and praises. Join us as we partner with Chin and fight along side her for she "...can do all things through Christ who strengthens her." Phil. 4:13

When leaving a comment, please sign your name so we know you were here. Thanks!
The meaning behind Chin ... There is a Chinese restaurant in the Twin Cities named Leann Chin. While Leanne was attending a basketball camp in middle school, a fellow camper had a bag from the restaurant. This camper made the connection between the name of the restaurant and Leanne's name. And the nickname Chin stuck!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

1 hour and 47 minutes

That is how much of your time I am asking for today. I promise it will be well spent!

1 hour and 47 minutes of laughter, tears, and glory given to God for the work He is doing through Leanne's story.

1 hour and 47 minutes of celebrating! Celebrating Leanne's life. Celebrating the end of her pain. Celebrating her unshakable faith. Celebrating her death on earth, but the start of Leanne's eternal life with her Savior, Healer, and Father.

Set aside your nap time. Set aside your to do list. Set aside whatever you have going on. You won't regret it!



Praying you are encouraged to live your life as Leanne did. Fully devoted to glorifying God in all she did.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! What a great celebration of her life and God's glory.

So you happen to have a list of the names of worship songs you used for the service? Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Leanne is an inspiration! I stumbled upon this page not long ago and I have come back frequently to "get to know" her better. Watching this video and hearing Leanne's words about being a planner and worrier hit home for me...hearing how she gave herself to the Lord and put all her faith and trust in His plan...I look up to her and strive to do the same. I want to live in the moment and soak up the present; not overlook the joys and let life pass me by because I am too busy looking down the road to enjoy what's right in front of me; I do not want to take the blessings I have been given for granted; I want to live and not have regrets... I am learning so much from your daughter, wife, sister, mother, friend. She is a true role model. I know the pain of losing a sister and my heart breaks for you all. Please know that Leanne is still touching lives even now....as I mentioned before she is an inspiration; I did not know her, but in the last two weeks her story, her message, her journey, has lifted me up and has motivated me profoundly.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this. Leanne's journey has been a huge inspiration to me, and seeing this celebration of life service was so moving. Your love for each other as a family and for God is incredible and inspiring. Even though I've never met Leanne, I think of her journey so often, and have used her faith as an example for how I strive to be and live.

I will continue to pray for peace and comfort for you all. Thank you again.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, amazing, inspiring, touching, sad, inspirational, humbling and so much more-
Thank you for sharing your very personal journey these past two and a half years.
The upbringing in your family, and I am sure it goes back generations, and your love of God, is beyond anything I have ever witnessed. You are so blessed to have been brought up with these values and lessons in faith you have.
I admire your entire family and know there is nothing you can't get through together with God.